Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fall into Autumn: Back to School

The Summer Challenge has morphed into an Autumn Challenge,  YAY!!  Here is a list of what we will be doing


When I think of back to school, I think of school supplies, like most people.  So when quit a few gals went that route, I wanted to try some thing different.  I had no idea what I was going to do, until I saw a mani from a FB page that I love.  The Girlie Tomboy has a great plaid technique and I thought it would be perfect.  You know, for school uniforms! Seemed easy enough.  I was really happy with my design until I got to the end.  Mine is no where near as good as hers, but you can get the idea.  I will have to try this a few more times to see where I land.  Here is my Back to School mani

Base Coat:  Rejuvactoe
Base Color:  Sinful Colors Midnight Blue
Glitter:  NYC Starry Silver Glitter
Stripes:  Sinful Colors Striper in black
Top Coat:  Seche Vite

Looking back, my base was prob too dark.  When I tried to do some silver or white lines, it just looked so out of place.  So I had to go over them with the black.  It's a technique in progress LOL  I will definitely be trying this again.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look see :)


4 comments:

  1. I love the plaid! I used to wear a skirt very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks pretty! I wish I had a skirt like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and well done on being creative with it =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you can freehand that. You amaze me. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, I try to respond/thank you as often as I can. If you leave a comment with a question, please be sure to subscribe for responses. I would hate to reply with an answer and you don't receive it.
I love reading other blogs, please do not advertise your blog here. If you want me to check out your blog or page, please, send me a private message.
Thank You!