Sunday, March 25, 2012

Adventures In Stamping: Black and White

It's Stamping Sunday over in AIS and this weeks theme is Black and White.  Seems pretty easy right?  Well, not so much.  I had my design all picked out in my head and got to work.  I figured a lot of gals would be starting with a black base, so I chose to do a white base.  Besides, my black seems to stamp better than my white.
I used OPI Alpine Snow for my base, you can see my thoughts here and my Konad special black for the stamping.  I taped off my nails in a diagonal to do the netting design from my Konad M57 plate.  That was super simple and came out great.  I was quit pleased.  I used the little flowers from the same plate across my nail.  This part got kind of tricky.  I had to stamp 3 flowers on each nail.  Not a big deal.  But I like to clean my plate after each stamp and so I had black all over the place.  Even managed to get some on my white base color :(  So after stamping and cleaning up the white and my cuticles and my finger tips, this mani took about 2 hours.  I added my top coat and called it done!  But when I woke up the next morning, it was just too plain.  The white was so WHITE!  LOL  I decided to add a coat of CG Fairy Dust.  In retrospect, I should have added the glitter over the white before stamping.  Remember when I said I was still learning?  Learning point right here :)  All in all it's an ok mani.  I don't hate it, but I don't love it.
And now the reveal!

Base Coat:  Seche Rebuild
Base Color:  OPI Alpine Snow
Glitter:  China Glaze Fairy Dust
Stamping Polish:  Konad Special Black
Stamping Plate:  Konad M57

2 comments:

I love reading your comments, I try to respond/thank you as often as I can. If you leave a comment with a question, please be sure to subscribe for responses. I would hate to reply with an answer and you don't receive it.
I love reading other blogs, please do not advertise your blog here. If you want me to check out your blog or page, please, send me a private message.
Thank You!