Monday, October 29, 2012

Catrice Million Styles Special Effects Top Coat: Million Dollar Baby

I have a bad habit of buying things and then stashing them some where until I can figure out where I want to put them permanently.  This is the case with the Million Styles Special Effect Top Coat collection from Catrice.  A friend of mine from the Netherlands had the entire set for sale and I just could not pass it up.  It's a Limited Edition Set so I was excited to have the opportunity to get it.
The other day I was going through some stuff and found my collection in a fabric box in a plastic bag, along with some other stuff I had gotten from a blog sale.  It was like Christmas LOL  I promptly added everything to my stash list and as I was going through them, I tested a few of the top coats and LOVED Million Dollar Baby.  Which is weird, because I am not a huge fan of gold.  I took the time to do my nails that evening and I am LOVING this gold glitter top coat.  It consists of large and small hex glitters and covers pretty well in one coat.  I layered it over black, but this will look awesome over red, purple and blue.  Probably lots of other colors, but those stand out right now in my brain.  Here is what it looks like:

Base Coat:  Rejuvacote
Base Color:  Wet N Wild Ebony Hates Chris (1 coat)
Glitter:  Catrice Million Dollar Baby (1 coat)
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I have to say, I was impressed with the shine after applying this top coat.  The only reason I added a coat of Seche Vite is so help it dry faster.  I had some laundry I needed to do and surely didn't want to ruin my mani.  One coat gave great coverage and was perfect for what I was looking for.  Another coat would have made this super blingy and awesome.  I may give it a try ;)
I also took this photo in the shade.  This looks so much better in doors or in the shade than in direct sun light.  Which makes it an awesome glitter to wear in the winter when you still want all that glittery fun on your nails.
If you have this polish, don't let it sit on a shelf or in a bin.  It's beautiful!!


3 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty, pretty. I always buy stuff and it sits there for a while until I find a spot for it. :-) I have hidden stuff from myself plenty of times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is def more stuff hiding LOL It's like shopping with out having to spend any money hahahaha

      Delete
  2. That's really pretty! What a great way to lighten up the days :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, I try to respond/thank you as often as I can. If you leave a comment with a question, please be sure to subscribe for responses. I would hate to reply with an answer and you don't receive it.
I love reading other blogs, please do not advertise your blog here. If you want me to check out your blog or page, please, send me a private message.
Thank You!